Hi guys! As you know, the 2015 National Final season is coming up and we are going to be snowed under with work, if we’re to carry on just as the two of us – which is why we’re deciding to expand and recruit some people to join the ESC Views team! So do you think you have what it takes be a part of the group here?
Well, to be a part of the ESC Views team, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be fluent in written English. We are an English-speaking blog, as are the majority of the major Eurovision websites.
- People who are from all over the world are welcome to apply, but we’d preferably like to have correspondents from other countries outside of the UK and Ireland. This rule is only temporary, but we need to help expand our team out to the whole world!
- You have to be able to produce an article with a minimum of around 200 words. This is a must, what with the NF season coming up – no one wants to read an article that just says ‘Singer X will represent Country Y in Eurovision. The song is good. It will be interesting to see how it looks at Eurovision.’. You’ll need to be able to elaborate on the points you’re making.
- You’ll have to actually cover all countries in the Contest. There won’t be much point of you joining in the blog if you’re only going to cover one particular and reject all the others. For example, you can’t only write articles about Sweden and refuse to do an article on a country like Norway. That won’t go down well here, I’m afraid!
- You have to be willing to go out and actually gather views for the topic. The clue is in the name – ESC Views. If you’re not going to be up for looking for people’s opinions on what you’re writing, I’m afraid you won’t be needed.
- Make sure you are neutral in your point of view, if at all possible. If the article you’re writing is an opinion piece, then you can be one side of the story, but try not to go too far -no one wants a tarnished reputation, do they? In all other series, you’ll have to ensure that you are able to see both sides of something.
- If you can, write in a friendly manner. No one will want to read an article if it looks as if you’re being authoritarian or unfriendly. As aforementioned, no one wants a tarnished reputation.
If you feel that you can tick all these boxes and you want to be a part of the ESC Views team, then let us know by clicking onto the ‘JOIN THE ESC VIEWS TEAM!’ tab at the top of the page, or by clicking here. There you will fill in a contact form and once we get back to you, we’ll take it from there! Good luck to everyone! 😀